1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
This privacy statement applies to the data processing by:
Controller: OPTIMA Pressformen GmbH & Co. KG
Berliner Str. 4
Telephone: +49 (0) 40 710 050-3
External DPO: Rechtsanwalt (attorney at law) Paul-Michael Link
Am Grasbrookpark 1a
20457 Hamburg (HafenCity)
Telephone: +49 (0) 40 466517-27
2. General principles for data processing
a) Extent of processing of personal data
In principle, we process your personal data only to the extent necessary to provide a functioning website and to provide our contractual services.
b) Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, Art. 6 subs. 1 lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
In the processing of personal data which is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 subs. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual actions.
Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation of our company, Art. 6 subs. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 subs. 1 lit. d GDPR serves as legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail over the legitimate interest of our company or a third party, Art. 6 subs. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as legal basis for processing.
c) Data deletion and storage duration
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is ceased. Prolonged storage may occur, if such extended storage is provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the controller is amendable to. Blocking or deletion of the data also occurs when a storage period prescribed by the laws and regulations mentioned before expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
3. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website www.optima-pressformen.com
By visiting the website www.optima-pressformen.com, information from your browser is sent automatically and without your further contribution to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and automatically deleted, at the latest after 6 months. This information can’t be personally assigned to you. We do not combine such data with other data sources. The data stored in the log file consists of the type of browser used and the version, the operating system used, the URL of the previously visited website (referrer URL), the host name of the accessing computer (shortened IP address), the time of the server request, the access status, and if applicable, the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned is processed by us for the following purposes:
- To ensure a smooth connection of the website;
- to ensure comfortable use of our website;
- to evaluate the system security and stability as well as
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is derived from the data collection purposes listed above. We will not use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you under any circumstances.
b) When using our contact form
For questions related to our services, we offer the opportunity to contact us via a contact form provided on the website. In this regard, it is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address and your name so that we know who the request came from and to enable us to respond to it. Further information may be provided voluntarily. It is up to you to decide whether to provide further data.
The required and necessary data processing for the purpose of performing an existing or emerging contract is conducted on the basis of the legal authorization under Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR. For further processing purposes your voluntary consent is required, pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR.
4. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place. We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- You have granted your explicit consent in the individual case, according to Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is required pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests, unless your interests, fundamental rights or fundamental freedoms, which require the protection of personal data, prevail,
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. subs. GDPR constitutes a legal obligation, as well as
- if disclosure is permitted by law and required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you, according to Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purpose of safeguarding our legitimate interests as well as the legitimate interests of third party pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that you will always be notified before a new cookie is stored. However, disabling cookies completely may lead to the deactivation of certain features of our website.
6. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to request access to your personal data processed by us pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its details;
- to demand without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or the completion of your personal data stored by us pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand without undue delay the erasure of your personal data held by us, in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for the compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose to its erasure, we no longer need the data, but you require the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller without hinderance pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 7 subs. 3 GDPR, to withdraw your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
7. Right to object
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object against the processing of your personal data at any time in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this action related to your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw or object, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
8. Data security
We use the Transport Layer Security method on our website, more commonly known as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), as a hybrid encryption protocol for secure data transmission over the Internet, coupled with the highest level of security supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology, instead. Whether a single (sub-) page of our website is encrypted is indicated by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the status bar of your browser. In addition, we use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties.